Air Evac Lifeteam
Air Evac LifeTeam
Wise Regional is proud to be the base of operations for the only helicopter ambulance service in the county.
Air Evac LifeTeam offers 24-7 (weather permitting) transport to the Wise Regional facility, within a 50 mile radius, to rural communities in Wise and surrounding counties and transport to other facilities from Wise Regional, within a 150 mile radius, when more advanced care is needed and response time is critical.
All Air Evac helicopters are equipped with on board medical equipment to treat critically injured and ill patients. Each crew includes one pilot, registered nurse and paramedic.
Crews are highly trained and experienced. All medical crew-members are certified in:
- Basic life support
- Advanced cardiac life support
- Pediatric advanced life support
- Pre-hospital trauma life support/basic trauma life support
Air Evac is the largest independently owned and operated membership-supported air medical service in the United States.
Membership in Air Evac LifeTeam provides prepaid protection for any transport costs that may exceed what is covered by your insurance or medical benefits.
- Air Evac works on your behalf with your insurance company to secure payment for its flight and any costs that exceed insurance/benefit coverage are waived.
- Members are covered while traveling. Air Evac has 90 bases in 14 states.
- Support for your communities health care needs. Membership helps Air Evac operate in
rural areas providing lifesaving services.