The Social Services Department is available to all patients who need assistance with problem solving or coping with any difficult situation relating to their illness, injury, or hospitalization. Assistance is also available for the patient’s family to help the family cope and adjust if needed or requested. Our goal is to help meet psychological needs that the patient might have to aid them in their overall healing process.
Social Services can also assist with discharge planning by arranging post-hospital care including the following: home health care, nursing home placement, Meals On Wheels, homemakers services, and durable medical equipment. Social Services can provide information and referral on community agencies for psychiatric treatment, financial assistance, rehabilitation, home services, educational plan, or other special needs.
Social Workers can also assist you during your stay with Advance Directives should you have questions, concerns, or a desire to complete a directive.
The Social Services department at Wise Regional Health System employs nurses, social workers, chaplains and pre-certification specialists – a unique situation for most hospitals.
- Nurses – monitor patients stay and work with social workers for discharge planning.
- Social Workers – work with patients and family to address needs and concerns upon discharge.
- Chaplains – offer spiritual support for patients and their family.
- Pre-Certification – allows patients to address any insurance issues prior to being admitted.
Please ask your physician or nurse to have a Social Worker visit you.
- Monday – Friday, 8a.m. – 5p.m.