Financial & Business Services
- The Business Office is responsible for collecting demographic and insurance information for each patient that receives services at our facility to include inpatient, outpatient, ER and all ancillary services. During this process, each patient is requested to sign many forms. With each admission, the patient will be asked to present their current insurance along with a picture ID. We serve all patients by coordinating insurance benefits in advance and billing insurance carriers on behalf of the patient, or by assisting uninsured patients in obtaining financial assistance or making payment arrangements.
- If your hospital plan requires pre-cert, we ask that you work with hospital staff in providing the needed information to the insurance company to avoid any reduction of benefits.
- With regard to deductibles and coinsurance payments, your Business Office Representative will help with an estimate on your personal responsibility. You will be asked to pay that portion of your bill or make payment arrangements at the time of service or upon discharge. This is only an estimate and is not intended to indicate the entire patient portion. Nor does this estimate include professional fees.
- In the event that insurance does not pay within 30 days of the hospital’s filing, you will be asked to contact the insurance carrier and make arrangements to begin payments on your account. Any payment received from an insurance carrier after your account has been paid will be refunded to you, pending no other account due.
- If you do not have insurance coverage and are unable to make appropriate financial arrangements, you will be referred to an Eligibility Specialist to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for Medicaid or the Wise County Indigent Program. Wise Regional Health System also has a Financial Assistance Program for persons that do not qualify for Medicaid or the Wise County Indigent Program.
- All professional fees (i.e. Emergency physician, attending physician, radiologist, etc.) will be billed separately by the professional rendering your care or consultation.
Wise Regional Health System accepts most major insurance plans and products. Some plans have special restrictions or network limitations, so please call the member services telephone number on your insurance card and ask if Wise Regional Health System is in your network.
In any case, always present your valid insurance card in admissions when you come to Wise Regional Health System for health care services. It is our pleasure to serve you.