Wise Regional Health System Volunteers give countless hours of service to our hospital. They are a vital part of our caring health care team. The volunteers work in many areas of the hospital such as the information desk, gift shop, gift cart, and vending machines. They also assist with patient needs and special services and activities. With more than 60 members, the volunteers also help raise money for hospital equipment and for our expanding services.
The Wise Regional Auxiliary volunteers are extremely active and provide much to our hospital throughout the year.
In 2009, our volunteers:
- Purchased $54,038.00 in medical equipment.
- Made 2,406 pillows for our surgery patients!
- Made 934 bears for our pedi patients!
- Gave a blanket to each new born baby!
- Sent out over 2,300 shot reminders to new parents!
- Provided 10 scholarships to Wise County students seeking a career in the medical field!
- Donated to WARM!
- Worked 22,200 hours!
If you or someone you know would like to become a Volunteer, please call or pick up an application at the main hospital information desk.